How to Sell Your Own Home
- Place an ad in your local newspaper. Always include the
area of town the price, number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
These are the most important considerations for a buyer.
- Design a Flyer or Brochure for your property. A black
and white photo and description of the home is important.
- Know at least three different methods available to
finance the sale of your home. Assumable loan, seller
financing, variable rate loan, adjustable rate loan and a
fixed rate loan are good examples. Buyers want to know the
total cash down payment, including closing costs, and
- Know your current annual taxes and homeowners insurance
premium amounts. Are they paid from a reserve account or
by some other method?
- What are the current interest rates and points on fixed
and adjustable rate loans?
- Consider having an appraisal done on your home to
determine the current value. Buyers typically offer less
than you are asking because they know savings of the
commission is often built into the price. You are trying
to save the commission, and so are they. You need to know
what Fair Market Value is.
- When a prospective buyer visits your home, follow these